To do the Insanity Asylum workout you’re gonna need a couple pieces of equipment. If you’ve done a couple other Beachbody workouts then you probably have some of the items.
The good news is there are options for the people who do or do not want to get all of the equipment. Shaun T will show you how to do those once you’re in the workout. In no particular order:
- Insanity Asylum DVDs or Beachbody On Demand
- Dumbbells or Resistance Bands
- Pull Up Bar
- Jump Rope
- Agility Ladder
- Strength Band
Beachbody includes the agility ladder and jump rope when you buy the Insanity Asylum workout. With the Asylum workout being extremely challenging you’ll find yourself probably struggling with some of the moves.
When I went through my first round I only used the pull up bar for one move as the pull ups they were trying to do were ridiculous. I did the dumbbell move Shaun T said to do instead.
While not necessary I would recommend using some of the items below. They might help.
- Chin-Up Max – If you can’t do pull ups all that well then get the Chin-Up Max to help you build up the strength needed to do them without.
- Shakeology – I’ve been using Shakeology daily for seven years and I believe its had a positive effect in my long term health.
- Beachbody Recover – Replaced the popular P90X Recovery Drink. Designed to help repair muscles and reduce soreness.
You probably have a few of these items if you’ve done Beachbody programs before. If not, you can check them out at the Beachbody Store. I have all of these items and continued to use them after finishing Insanity Asylum.