If you’ve committed to doing the Body Beast workout or are looking to see how much its gonna cost for all the equipment then I hope this helps you out. The Body Beast workout is designed to do just one thing – get you big. Assume you will need some heavy equipment to build big muscles. If you are serious about getting results with Body Beast then you will want to get all the equipment before you start. It will be a real pain in the butt if you only have some of the equipment which limits you in what exercises you can do.
Mandatory Equipment Needed For Body Beast
- Body Beast Workout DVDs: All the workouts and The Book of Beast (aka workout and nutrition guide).
- Dumbbells Or Resistance Bands: Sagi recommends dumbbells over bands. Bowflex Selecttech Dumbbells are ideal for Body Beast.
- Weight Bench Or Stability Ball: The stability ball will work but you’ll want a bench to sit on while lifting heavier weights.
- Chin-up Bar Or Resistance Band Door Attachment Kit: If you can’t do pull ups now then start out with the kit. It will help you build up strength so you can do them. You will eventually need the chin up bar.
I just wanted to take a second and tell you to buy Body Beast directly from Beachbody. Don’t borrow it from a friend and burn a copy, download it, or buy it from a site selling it for anything less than $89.85 as it might be a scam. Trust me when I say this as I have probably received over 400 emails from people in the last 3 years saying how do they get started with a workout, what to eat, etc. and I ask them if they read through the guides. The typical answer is “What Guides?” When you buy from anywhere else besides Beachbody, burn a copy, or download it you really lose out on the most important part of the entire workout and that is the info that comes in the guides.
The people who download or copy are usually the ones who quit within the first week. Your goal is to get in shape right? What I’ve found is that the people who fork out the money to buy a legit copy will use it five times as much as the ones who get it for free and it mainly has to do with them having some skin in the game. Do yourself a favor and buy a real version of Body Beast. Sorry if that seems a little brash but I’m getting a little tired of answering those emails. I get it, you’re trying to save a couple bucks. But now you know better.
Optional Equipment For Body Beast
- EZ-Curl Bar: Yes, you can do Body Beast with just the dumbbells but the EZ-Curl bar will let you do more complex moves. Sagi says you’ll have a better workout with the EZ-Curl.
- Chin-Up Max: It clips onto the Chin-Up bar and assists you in doing chin-ups.
- Beachbody Jump Mat: Place it near your bench so you have a place to set down the weights without damaging your floor. Limits the pain on your knees when doing the cardio workouts.
- P90X Push Up Stands: More depth and takes pressure off your wrists.
Body Beast Challenge Pack: Comes with the Body Beast workouts and four supplements specifically designed to get you maximum results from Body Beast. Unfortunately it does not come with any of the gear needed for Body Beast. You can still get those after picking up this deal. $220
Whats Next? – What Equipment Do You Need For Body Beast?
Instead of linking to all of those products I figured it would be easier to tell you how to view them all together. You can follow the Body Beast Challenge Pack link above with the directions below also.
- Go to the Beachbody Store
- Click on Equipment & Gear on the left hand side
- Click on Body Beast Equipment
You’ll see prices and descriptions for all of the equipment there. You might want to click on the Nutrition & Supplements link there also and check out the Body Beast Supplements. I didn’t want to get into the supplements on this post as I mainly wanted to talk about what equipment do you need for Body Beast.