If you’ve committed to doing the Body Beast workout or are looking to see how much its gonna cost for all the equipment then I hope this helps you out.
The Body Beast workout is designed to do just one thing – get you big. Assume you will need some heavy equipment to build big muscles.
If you are serious about getting results with Body Beast then you will want to get all the equipment before you start. It will be a real pain in the butt if you only have some of the equipment.
- Body Beast DVDs or Beachbody On Demand: All the workouts and The Book of Beast (aka workout and nutrition guide).
- Dumbbells Or Resistance Bands: I’m a fan of the Bowflex Selecttech Dumbbells but also use the Beachbody resistance bands.
- Weight Bench Or Stability Ball: The stability ball will work but you’ll want a bench to sit on while lifting heavier weights.
- Chin-Up Bar Or Resistance Band Door Attachment Kit: If you can’t do pull ups now then start out with the kit. It will help you build up strength so you can do them. You will eventually need the chin up bar.
- EZ-Curl Bar: Yes, you can do Body Beast with just dumbbells but the EZ-Curl bar will let you do more complex moves. Sagi says you’ll have a better workout with the EZ-Curl.
- Chin-Up Max: It clips onto the Chin-Up Bar and assists you in doing chin-ups.
- Beachbody Jump Mat: Place it near your bench so you have a place to set down the weights without damaging your floor. Limits the pain on your knees when doing the cardio workouts.
- P90X Push Up Stands: More depth and takes pressure off your wrists.
You can still get great results doing Body Beast by just using dumbbells or resistance bands and the pull up bar. Hopefully at some point during Body Beast you start packing on some muscle and start looking around for more weights to use. This is where the EZ-Curl Bar and weight plates come in.
I own all of the pieces of equipment above and used them during my round of Body Beast.